Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mo Fiya (More Fire)!

My prophecies from my last post have already begun manifesting themselves. Today the computer lab was about 75 yards from burning down. The students have been discontent with school policies, especially about being required to go to night class, so they have turned to arson. Our school grounds have been the victim of five arson incidents in the past two weeks and two of those incidents have occurred within the past 12 hours. All of the incidents occurred during night classes except for the one today. None of the fires have posed any threat to any buildings until today because our school property contains several acres of land - most of the fires were started 200-300 yards away from any buildings. The incidents usually achieve the interruption of classes and students congregating a safe distance from the flames screaming "mo fiya! mo fiya (more fire)!" If the arsonist's goal was to generate international media attention, I suppose I helped him/her succeed - although they'll never know that because my students don't know about this blog.





Take note the side of the firetruck says "Avon County" - no, there's no Avon County in Africa that I'm aware of - possibly Avon, CO?? But is that in Avon County?


I'm surprised this picture turned out at all because I was shaking with uncontrollabe laughter. This fireman is running from bees. Several of them were running from bees - dressed in full fireman attire. The tree that caught on fire was the home to hundreds of them. They were extremely pissed off. I couldn't stop laughing until they came after me, but I ran away zig zagging and juking like Barry Sanders and shook them off - on second thought I think you're supposed to run away zig zagging from either bears or crocodiles. Afterwards I felt kinda bad because a couple of the firemen were laying in the grass in agony because they were stung a few times. The lab is actually on lockdown right now because the bees have advanced their assault to the classrooms.


3 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evan, you should totally write a book....I hope you are taking notes on all the fun you're having . I talked to your mom this week and she is soooo happy. I love all the pics you are taking even the bumble bee antics ones. Take care....can you believe that tomorrow is February 1 st...yay !!! I am glad when January Over. I wish they would delete the whole month from the calender. I look forward to spring . take care
love
aunt kathy

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Avon county is in England the old fire trucks were donated to The Gambia when updated in UK

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can say that I agree with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is still a question as you did in the fall issue of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=panda internet security 2008 12.0 ?
I noticed the axiom you have in the offing not used. Or you profit by the dark methods of inspiriting of the resource. I have a week and do necheg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home